Squeezely Technology B.V. Platform Privacy Statement
Last updated: 5/9/2017
Processing of personal data via Squeezely
We make use of the Squeezely data management platform (the Platform) for our advertising.
The Platform enables us to buy, sell, and analyze advertising, including interest-based advertising, using real-time bidding; and to apply on-site optimization and sending commercial e-mails.
Squeezely collects and uses the following personal data on its data management platform (the Platform), on behalf of us:
- telephone number
- e-mail address
- sales location
- user ID;
- IP address;
- information about browser and operating system;
- unique identifier assigned to your device;
- url of the web page visited, including any header information;
- geographic location;
- actions performed within a web page;
- information derived from content of a web page;
- any derivative of the above;
- information collected via online forms;
- information collected via other sources.
We collect the information via cookies, beacons, tags, mobile SDKs and similar technologies.
Information stored in the platform is retained in the Platform in non-aggregated form. Aggregated data is used for reporting and analysis of our advertising, and this is also stored in the Platform.
Squeezely can also use the Platform in the following ways:
- Squeezely can use the Information to enhance the Platform;
- Squeezely may act as a customer of the Platform to advertise its business.
In such cases, Squeezely is the party responsible for the processing of Personal Data (Squeezely is then the Data Controller). Squeezely only processes data for its own purposes when it has a valid legal basis to do so, such as your consent.
Purposes of processing
We use the personal data collected via the Squeezely platform for the following purposes:
- interest-based advertising;
- limiting the number of times a user sees a particular ad;
- showing ads in a particular sequence;
- customizing ads to a particular geographic region;
- showing ads related to the content of the web page on which they are shown;
- determining when users respond to ads;
- analyzing product preferences;
- adapting website content according to your interests;
- sending commercial e-mails;
- reporting aggregated statistics regarding, for example, the effectiveness of online advertising campaigns.
Which information does Squeezely share with third parties?
Squeezely can share personal data with third parties in either of the following circumstances:
- Squeezely makes uses of third parties (called sub-processors) which are necessary for providing its services. For example, a hosting provider or software developer;
- Squeezely will only analyse data for its own purposes, such as enhancing its services, when it has obtained a valid legal basis, such as consent, for this. Squeezely will only share Personal Data with third parties for its own purposes (or those of a third party) when both Squeezely and the relevant third party have a valid legal basis to do so, such as your consent;
- Squeezely may disclose Personal Data regarding malicious or unlawful activity, or invalid traffic, to its client and/or competent authorities, when it is legally required to do so;
- Squeezely may transfer Platform Information to a successor entity in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, sale of assets, bankruptcy, or other corporate change.
You can opt out of Squeezely Information collection, by clicking on the following link: https://squeezely.tech/optout
By clicking this link, you opt out of selected ads for your browser based on your browsing behavior. When you opt out, an opt out cookie will be stored in your web browser. The Platform will know the choice you have made when it sees your opt out cookie and will apply your choice to all third parties using the Platform. If you block or delete the opt out cookie, the Platform will not be able to recognize your opt out.
Squeezely takes the following security measures to prevent misuse of and unauthorised access to personal data:
- access to personal data requires the use of a user name and password;
- access to personal data requires the use of a user name and login token;
- after receipt, the data will be stored in a separate partition of the database;
- physical measures to protect access to the systems in which the personal data is stored;
- secure connections (Secure Socket Layer, SSL) to encrypt all information between you and Squeezely when entering your personal data;
- logs of all requests for personal data.
We do not store data longer than necessary for providing our services.